Tuesday, June 23, 2009

First round in London

Well, I just landed in London, and I'm trying to figure out the Tube thing. Apparently, it's pretty easy. I guess I'll find out once I get onboard. The plan is to head over to Northwick Park for a nine-hole round this afternoon. Northwick Park is the tribute course, with some Ryder Cup course holes and two holes from Augusta.

I've been on the road since 6 a.m. Monday, and it's now 9 a.m. Tuesday (London time). That's 4 a.m. back home. I slept a couple hours the night before I left and a hour or so on the planes. Fortunately, I had a five-hour layover in D.C., and I was able to watch Lucas Glover capture the U.S. Open trophy at Bethpage Black. Nicely done.

I really thought Phil Mickelson had a chance when he eagled the 13th. And I thought maybe David Duval had a shot when he birdied three straight starting on No. 14. But both of them bogeyed No. 17, and Glover held them off for the win.

I'm not sure about Internet access for the rest of the day. But I'm going to try to give you an update after my Northwick Park round. Plus, I want to upload this week's golf tip from Bryan Bush. He'll be talking about fairway woods - or fairway metals as they're called today.

No comments:

Post a Comment