Thursday, July 30, 2009

Buick Open - First round

I just got to the media center, and i was going through the tee times to see who I wanted to follow. David Duval teed off about 90 minutes ago, so I think I'll follow him around for a bit. He's playing with Lee Janzen and John Merrick. Tiger Woods tees off at 12:54 p.m., so I might catch him for a few holes, too. Tiger's playing partners today are Jonathan Byrd and Todd Hamilton.

But I think I'll focus on Webb Simpson, a fellow North Carolina guy. He turned pro last year after a successful Nationwide Tour season. And he's playing well of late. After missing the cut in five out of six tournaments in May and June, he's finished below par in three out of the last four tournaments, in which he's played. At the Canadian Open, Simpson tied for 16th at 11-under par.

Simpson, who is paired with Charles Warren and Ricky Barnes, tees off at 1:03 p.m.

Jay Williamson and Tom Pernice Jr. ae the early leaders at 4-under.

No comments:

Post a Comment