Friday, July 31, 2009

John Senden leads the Buick Open

John Senden is the leader heading into the final two rounds of the Buick Open at Warwick Hills, with a 14-under.

He nearly dropped a shot on No. 9 when he hit his tee shot into a fairway bunker. But he hit out to about 40 yards from the hole and had a nice up and down.

He said he thinks that should help some for the weekend.

"I played solid," Senden said. "I didn't have any bogeys, and getting a little awkward lie on the 9th hole and having to chip out pretty much and then nice up-and-down was a good momentum boost for scoring going into tomorrow.

"And every shot's important, so I need to feel like I can treat the weekend - try to feel the same as I did the last two days by staying focused on what I need to do."

But just remember: Tiger is on the prowl.

"With Tiger going out and shooting low, I think that shows his class, being the best player in the world," Senden said. "I think that him starting out on fire is fantastic for the game this week, the golf tournament, and you know, he's basically the best player in the world. It was great to see that he was doing what he was doing."

No comments:

Post a Comment