Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Marathon Day

Tuesday was grueling.

After a late-night flight from France got me back to London, I still had a 30-minute train ride, long wait in customs and a crazy search for change for a bus. I finally ditched the search for change and decided a 20 pound taxi ride was worth it, considering it was 2 a.m., and I had to get up at 4:45 a.m. so I could catch the tube and then train to Haslemere.

That's was the first stop on a two-course day that featured Old Thorns Golf Club and Hindhead Golf Club. Two very nice courses. I hit the ball well, but I didn't keep score on either course. I did have one birdie for the day.

By the afternoon, I was exhausted, basically because Hindhead is a walking-only course. No golf carts - or buggies as they're called over here. Walking an 18-hole course in 90-degree heat after one morning round and zero sleep is grueling.

One more night in London, and then I'm home. I'll write more about the course specifics later. But suffice to say, they're really good courses, and both are undergoing facilities renovations and expansions that should make a visit to either one - or both - enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment