Friday, July 31, 2009

Tiger back in contention

For many of us, we'll hit the practice range or the putting green aftre a bad round.

For Tiger Woods, he didn't deviate from his game plan after turning in what he called one of his worst putting days ever.

"Same routine," Woods said after scoring a 9-under 63 to pull within two of the lead. "I didn't change a thing."

Plus, he was mad.

"I was a little bit hot yesterday," he said with a smile.

He was in danger of missing his second straight cut, but a slew of birdies and an eagle has Woods back on the prowl for a Buick Open title. But like Michael Letzig - the leader right now at 12 under - Woods knows that he can't get it all back at once.

"You have to look at it like a process," the No. 1 player in the world said. "I was so far back yesterday.

"I'll just try to put a dent in that every day. But at least I'm back in the tournament."

Woods is a little happier today - except for his 3-putt on No. 18 - and the galleries are a little happier, as well, I think.

"It's nice to have everyone excited," Woods said. "I played well, and people started getting excited about it."

If he shoots another 63 tomorrow, the excitement will grow significantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment