Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Fallen firefighters charity tournament

The first N.C. Fallen Firefighters Foundation Memorial Championship golf tournament is scheduled for Thursday afternoon at Ford's Colony in Rocky Mount, and I'm going to mosey over there to see if I can join a team.

Organizers aren't taking individual players, and I didn't put together a team. So we'll see. Obviously, if anyone wants to play, let me know.

Here's a link to the Web site.

http://tinyurl.com/lb6tso

It's definitely a good cause. The money goes to an organization that helps families of firefighters who have been killed or seriously injured. There have been three firefighter deaths so far this year in North Carolina, including a Salem volunteer firefighter who died of a heart attack in March.

Hopefully, I'll find a team tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment