I'm going to try to seek out people in the world of golf and hit them up with five quick questions, hence the name of the feature. So if anyone has any ideas, let me know. Or if you want to be the one on the hot seat, let me know that, too.
The first 5 questions go to Bob Forman, a golf fitness instructor in North Carolina. The main feature can be found here, but here a list of five tips for maintaining your golf fitness:
- Identify where the deficiencies are and correct them first - you want the body to be able to move as efficiently as it can. Playing golf will create imbalances in the body due to the fact that it is a one-sided, repetitive activity.
- Range of motion is essential.
- Work on balance as it does come into play as the golfer shifts weight from one side to the other during the golf swing.
- Forearm strength is an area not too many golfers think about, but is also a key area.
- Find a credible golf fitness instructor to work with who has the knowledge-base to assess and the develop a customized exercise program specifically for your needs. The instructor should also be able to know how and when to progress the program to enhance outcomes and avoid injury.